A Conversation for The Good Luck Fairy

Bad fairies too

Post 1

Tricky Sam

Don't forget the bad fairies! They are quite similar to good fairies except they usually have little pointy ears and sit on your shoulder making you do bad things. They also perch on buildings so you have to watch out when walking past pubs, expensive shops etc - they can jump down onto your shoulder and make you go and buy stuff/pints/clothes/chocolate that you never intended to.

The medieval painting of the "Danse Macabre" shows the best ever representation of bad fairies. - a Count held a dance during Lent when they weren't supposed to. You know something bad was going to happen because everyone in the painting has little bad fairies on their perched on their shoulders. Sure enough, the floor collapsed beneath them and all the naughty revellers fell to their deaths.

But mostly they're not that bad.


Bad fairies too

Post 2

Percy von Wurzel

Did the fairies fall to their deaths too, or are bad fairies immortal?
I intend to write a more generic article about fairies soon. Any ideas?


Bad fairies too

Post 3

Tricky Sam

I think their supernatural powers means that they didn't fall to their deaths.
Great painting though.

I believe that the people of Iceland know a thing or two about fairies.


Bad fairies too

Post 4

Percy von Wurzel

Many years ago I had two good Icelandic friends. Sadly I am no longer in touch with Steinen and Thoren died in tragic circumstances. I cannot foresee an opportunity for visiting Iceland so I shall just have to read some Icelandic mythology.


Bad fairies too

Post 5

Geldari

A good place to look for mythologies . religions of all kinds is [Broken link removed by Moderator]... its very helpful and has more information that you can possibly need smiley - smiley

Also dont forget to check out the Encyclopiedia of Fairies, Hobgoblins and Other Supernatural creatures .. its very good

loveNhappythoughts
Geldari


Bad fairies too

Post 6

Percy von Wurzel

Thanks for the references. You have prompted me to actually begin the "Fairies" guide entry.


Bad fairies too

Post 7

I'm not really here

The name of the faery that makes you eat and drink things that you didn't want to is Hob. Little sod, he lives in my kitchen.

I would recommend that you buy August's Cosmopolitan magazine as it has an article about women who believe that they are fairys, and it might have some useful material for an article. I would say that you can have my copy, but is also has The Great Sex Fortnight in it, and I would prefer to keep that for reference. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more