A Conversation for Dave Allen - Comedian

WOW

Post 1

Zorpheus - I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

I use to watch "DAVE ALLEN at LARGE" all the time when I was growing up. Not exactically comedy made for kids, let alone and american kid, but I loved his stuff. Thanks for bringing up the warm fuzzy feelings from childhood.

BTW... didn't he have a short or missing finger?


WOW

Post 2

Hoosier

I know how you feel. I fell in love with Dave Allen years ago. He came on after Masterpiece Theater and before Doctor Who. For some strange reason my parents did not mind me watching his show. Could it be because of his "high class" humor? Or maybe they didn't know I was watching it. I have always enjoyed British (is it one or two t's) humor and I miss seeing it here in the States. American comedy is not the same.


WOW

Post 3

Zorpheus - I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

Hey, that's exactly when I watched it. WTTW channel 11. smiley - biggrin


WOW

Post 4

Hoosier

Don't tell me you are from the Chicago Area? I live in "Da Region". . .northwest Indiana. Now is that not funny?smiley - smiley


WOW

Post 5

Zorpheus - I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

smiley - doh I should have gotten that from your name.

Yup, I'm from Chicago. Actually I live in a suburb called Streamwood now.


WOW

Post 6

Hoosier

Well, don't feel so badsmiley - sadface. I understand how people from the Land of Linclon are, they try to ignore the fact that Indiana is just over the stateline. Most of my relatives were originally from Blue Island, now they're scattered around the area. You know, if your last name is Jones you could be a long lost relative. You know what they say, "If they're not a friend or the friend of a friend they must be related." Oh! that's in Indiana not Illinois, I forgotsmiley - winkeye. Any way, it's nice to know there are people out here that enjoy the same kind of humor that I do and you wouldn't think I was crazy if I started talking about things like Dave Allen, Doctor Who or The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy. There must be more of us who grew-up on a diet of WTTW Channel 11 every Sunday night.


WOW

Post 7

Researcher 191472

MY DAD AND I WATCHED DAVE ALLEN WHEN MY MOM AND LITTLE BROTHER WERE IN A DIFFERENT ROOM OR OUT OF THE HOUSE. YES I REMEMBER HIM HAVING A STUBBY FINGER, I BELIEVE THE FIRST DIGIT WAS MISSING. I WISH THE SHOW WAS STILL ON, ITS A SHAME THERE ISNT A CHANNEL WHERE YOU CAN ENJOY THE OLD ENGLISH COMEDIES, DAVE ALLEN OF COURSE, AND BENNY HILL, IT SEEMS THE ONLY ONE STILL PLAYING IN THE STATES IS "ARE YOU BEING SERVED" WHICH IS STILL A HOOT.


Key: Complain about this post