A Conversation for Largs, Ayrshire, Scotland, UK

Inhabitants of Largs

Post 1

Lost in Scotland

The last couple of years, Largs has also been invaded by a plentiful rich fauna of people that speak in strange ways (and I'm not, in this case, talking about the scottish accent). This is due to a fairly new-opened IBM call centre in Greenock (about 10 miles in the direction of Glasgow) which harbours the central switchboards for a multitude of European countries, such as the Scandinavian countries, France, Holland, Italy and others. When this call centre opened, the real estate business flourished and lots and lots of people got to stay in Largs. The fact that some people who worked at the IBM site lived there and told the newcomers that it was a good place to live probably got more and more people to move there.

Therefor, Largs have a flourishing community of foreigners as well as the elderly and retired people.


Key: Complain about this post

Inhabitants of Largs

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more