A Conversation for The US Two-dollar Bill

$10 for $2

Post 1

xjessie007

I heard the $2 bills are pretty rare, and some collectors pay as much as $10 for them. Anyone can confirm?


$10 for $2

Post 2

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

1985 found me spending a summer at a US AFB on the panhandle of Florida. My room mate was looking to fill out his small denomination coin collection - all US mints. As part of this pursuit, we found ourselves frequenting a coin and collectible shop.

For some years, my father had a fancy for slightly uncommon foreign currency, even having some notes still bearing the image of the deposed Shah of Iran. So I saw a number of pretty clean US $2 notes, and bought one for him. I believe I paid about $6 for it.

Many years earlier - perhaps the summer of 1966 - my parents drove west through much of Canada, and returned through northern US states. They found out very quickly that our pink'ish $2 notes were treated with great distrust. Heck, with Canadian notes being different colours, all of them seemed like Monopoly money to many smaller towns.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The US Two-dollar Bill

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more