A Conversation for Scotland, Pennsylvania, USA

Country Club

Post 1

GidgetGirl

You forgot to mention the Chambersburg Country Club! It is kind of across the street from Scotland School, beside Scott Greene (a housing development). They have quite good cooks there. If you go there for dinner, get the cream of broccoli soup. Greggie makes the best. smiley - smiley


Country Club

Post 2

one~X~ace~WayneCraigFredericks

Sounds good, is there a sandwich and beer you would recomend as well?


Country Club

Post 3

GidgetGirl

Well, I personally like Greggie's special Texas Turkey Reuben, but that's not on the menu. It's sort of an employee's special. The tuna melt is pretty good. They have a sort of weird policy about alcohol, though, since it's in a dry township, but I think they serve Miller Genuine Draft.


Country Club

Post 4

one~X~ace~WayneCraigFredericks


Good enough then, what else is new? How go the orchestra rehersals, any performances? I've heard some of the best music lately. Hope you're getting some fine Scottish weather. Shame about the Spring being gone, even the lilacs are starting to fade. But, of course, Summer is still the best. Enjoy!


Country Club

Post 5

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Gidgetgirl, did I (a New Zealander) get the feeling of the place when I subbed the yarn?


Country Club

Post 6

GidgetGirl

Loony- Eh? Forgive me, I'm a bit slow tonight....what in the world are you talking about?

Wayne- Unfortunately, orchestra is over until the Fall. I've actually fallen out of practice again. Perhaps I'll get it out sometime this week. I've been unbelievably busy lately.
Did I tell you I'm planting an herb garden? Well, it went into the ground within the first few days of May, and it's doing rather well. I was worried about the thyme at first, partly because Lager decided he didn't like where I'd planted it and kept digging it and the sweet woodruff up, but it seems to be doing quite well now. The pennyroyal is flourishing, almost too big for its new pot. It smells wonderful, and is a bug repellant, so it's a nice way to keep bugs away from the back porch.
I do apologise if I'm rambling a bit. I don't really think my best at 2:30 in the morning. I have to get up for church in the morning, so I suppose I should get some sleep. I'm reading the Hitchhiker's books again, and I've been falling asleep with it in front of me every night for the past week. Well, goodnight.


Country Club

Post 7

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

I was the sub editor for the Scotland PA article. I didn't have a lot to work with smiley - bigeyes


Country Club Thyme

Post 8

one~X~ace~WayneCraigFredericks


...'pennyroyal, woodruff and thyme', it's worth planting the garden just to be able to say the pretty names. Thyme well taken, even better with Lager. Enjoy!


Country Club Thyme

Post 9

GidgetGirl

You know, I honestly have no idea where this park is that's mentioned in the entry. I wish I did know where it was, because it would be a nice place to go to relax after work.

Looneytunes (I probably spelled that wrong), you actually made the place sound much more interesting than it really is. I've considered doing an entry on Horse Valley, Pa, but it would give you even less to work with. Maybe I'll give it a shot, anyway.


Country Club Thyme

Post 10

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

GidgetGirl go for it. You will be surprised what you can do with a subject once you research it a bit. You may want to check out my guide entry on Napier - New Zealand's Art Deco Gem, for some ideas. (there is a link to the yarn from my page)


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Scotland, Pennsylvania, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more