A Conversation for David Bowie - The Man Who Fell To Earth

David Bowie

Post 1

Bluebottle

smiley - rose

<BB<


David Bowie

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

Considering that I didn't listen to all his music constantly, it is amazing how it turns out, above all other things, to be the second soundtrack to my life (after The Beatles)

I was completely unaware that he'd been ill (or about the rather public heart attack) because I prefer not to "know" my heroes (in case they turn out to be eejits). So I had been wondering if he'd tour again.

Sadly not
smiley - starsmiley - rose


David Bowie

Post 3

Bluebottle

No, I didn't know that he was ill either. I was fortunate enough to see him live over a decade ago, as well as musically he was in 'Labyrinth', which was one of my favourite films as a child.

<BB<


David Bowie

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

I've never seen that. It will probably be on TV any day now smiley - sadface

I did see Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence though, and The Hunger. The former made me cry buckets, the latter made me cringe.


David Bowie

Post 5

Bluebottle

It'll probably be on soon, it's usually on around Easter or Bank Holidays.

David Bowie is very memorable, not only his performance but also his hair and trousers. I wrote about it here: A87790567 'Labyrinth' - The Film

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for David Bowie - The Man Who Fell To Earth

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more