A Conversation for Great Cold Drinks

Iced Coffee with milk

Post 1

AyeWright

One of the best drinks for a hot day is iced coffee - ignored in the article. I've tasted two versions, Italian and Vietnamese, and both are great, though different.

The Italian, caffe latte fredo, is available in almost any Italian bar/cafeteria. When I lived in and visited Rome, I lived on the stuff when walking around in the summer. Aaahhhh, how it refreshes and enlivens. There, the barmen keep a bottle of cold espresso coffee, made previously and sweetened, and they serve a good shot of it in a tall glass, topped up with fresh cold whole milk.

It's easy to make at home too, if you have an espresso machine - one of these little space capsule jobs works fine. Make the espresso, pour into a bottle, jar, jug etc, sweeten with sugar to taste, and refrigerate. When cold, add milk in about a 3:1 or 2:1 milk to coffee ratio, or to taste. Remember espresso is strong, and too much of this and you'll be full of tics and jitters.

I've never made it with instant coffee or regular brewed coffee, so can't vouch for iced coffee made with those.

I think Vietnamese iced coffee is made with instant coffee. I've only had it in restaurants, and it goes well with the cuisine, surprisingly. Sweet and refreshing, too. Warm coffee is poured into a large tall glass filled with iced cubes, then a good dollop of condensed milk is added. You'll need to use one of these long iced tea/ice cream sundae spoons. Stir, and drink.

Can't believe the writer of the article ignored this concoction.


Iced Coffee with milk

Post 2

Mina

This article was originally a 'Topic of the Week', which means that the subject is thrown open to the Community to contribute to. Once it's been hanging around a while (in this case around a year) it should get written up into an article, based on the contributions that it has had.

So it's not a case that an author has ignored a drink or recipe, or got one wrong, but a case of no-one contributed that drink, or they contributed their recipe the way that they like it. It's a real collaborative entry, written by all the people who contributed. It just has an Editor, rather than an author.

Other topics are listed here - A587108 - it includes topics already turned into articles, and some that have had contributions that are waiting to be written up.


Iced Coffee with milk

Post 3

AyeWright

Fine. I'd like to have these Iced Coffee drinks added to this entry. How?

How do I go about editing an entry like this? It doesn't seem to be done as on Wikipedia, and the process could be a lot easier. Did DA intend for all these bureaucratic layers that H2G2 has apparently succumbed to?

BTW, I posted another conversation on this, about iced tea, and I see my suggestion there for lemon juice or slices was edited into the entry. Not, however, any correction or addendum to the making of iced tea. The recipe given, as some say in my part of the world, is boaking. And far from an accurate guide.


Iced Coffee with milk

Post 4

Mina

Boaking is a new one on me!

Here's some info on updating...

How to Update an Entry

There are three basic forms an update can take:

*

A line or small paragraph with new information - such as the latest album from a singer. This information can easily be posted to the thread at the bottom of the existing entry, as the Conversations are viewed as an extension of the entry just as much as a place for people to talk about it. Should there be a number of similar postings with updates that cover a significant amount of time, or if the information requires a new conclusion (in the event of the entry's subject dying/being closed down/coming to an end), we can at some stage go to stage two.
*

If the information is more than a few paragraphs, but less than a full reworking, the information can be submitted via <./>Feedback-Editorial</.>. For us to accept the update, however, it must be presented with explicit directions as to why the update is required, as well as directions as to what goes where/replaces what and it should be in full GuideML, including links.
*

If the update is an extensive rewrite of a simpler, shorter entry (such as those from the Old Writing Team of h2g2), then it comes to the UpdateForum. Simple as that.

As this is the type of entry it is, the Eds might say that they'll leave the comments under the entry, as anyone can still see it there. You won't know until you ask though.


Iced Coffee with milk

Post 5

AyeWright

Aye, right. Thanks.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more