You're Only Jung Once

1 Conversation


You don't see them so often nowadays, but I couldn't help noticing one of those T-shirts last weekend.


It said 'My MBTI is ENTJ'.


It would be nice if people like that would just stick to pulling the wings off butterflies. Nonetheless, I'm nothing if not easily lead, and so found myself pondering long-forgotten psychometric chicanery. In the process, I suffered a bit of a disturbing insight...


Oh, yeah... Sorry, I should have said... Look... if you're worried about none of this making any sense, then maybe you need to read this.


On the other hand, if it makes no sense but you're not in the least bit worried, then (like I was gradually getting round to explaining) that's because you're an NP, only presumably nobody's actually told you that yet.


And, by the way, if somebody were to tell you that you're an NP, then either they'd be an SJ wanting to dot Is and cross Ts, or else they'd be an NP, dying to sound clever.


It's left as an exercise for the student to work out which applies in this case. (Bit of a gimme, actually, yeah? Probably therefore One Mark Only. Sorry about that).


Oops - I seem to be getting a bit off subject. It's a P-thing, yeah? Anyhow, right, OK... back to the insight...


Look... You know how you can't see any good reason for the Edited Guide? How it seems to fly in the face of everything else that this place stands for? How it just isn't very Douglas Adams? How it kind of saps your will to live?


Well, that's because you're an NP. Most everyone who'd have time for hootoo would have to be an NP. Only here's the unpalatable revelation. Significant italics must be... *gulp*... SJs. I mean, who else is going to come up with the EG?


It's a good job that the rest of us are NPs. Otherwise we might be inclined to hunt down and lynch the italics. Other SJs would probably do just that, driven by their pathological need for closure.


As it is, we NPs are variously moved to pity for the italics (those of us with a bit of F about us), or else we tend to superficially psychoanalyse them, while being all the time far more interested in how smart we look while doing it.


... Yeah... OK... I admit it. I'm an ENTP.


... I'd never put it on a T-shirt, though. Honest.

The Pinniped Portfolio

Pinniped

08.07.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2817461

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more