A Conversation for Socrates

Information

Post 1

cheese

I have a paper due on Socrates on Thursday. I was wondering where i could get some more info. on his life, his trial, and how he affected the world.


Information

Post 2

$u$

Hi cheese. Any relation to Fred and Jenny? Welocme to h2g2.

Try the approved guide entry on Socrates here: http://www.h2g2.com/A279632

Hope it helps!

'sus ~A~


Information

Post 3

$u$

Oops, sorry! You already did! Still, it's the thought that counts!

Welcome to the Guide anyway!

~A~


Information

Post 4

cheese

No relation. thanks for trying to help me. all the work at the end of the quarter drives me crazy and i need some help.


Information

Post 5

Albino Lagomorph

Websites I can't think of. But Plato "recorded" the moments before his death and the trial in "The Socratic Apology," and in the other book mentioned, "Phaedo."


Information

Post 6

Copperbard

Was'nt he to Plato, what Zarathustra was to Nietche. That was my impression anyway.


Information

Post 7

Albino Lagomorph

In a way, yes. Most of what we know about Socrates can be debated, because it is Plato's writings that we learn from. Still, if Plato was lying then this could just be an entry about a fictional character in Greek literature.


Information

Post 8

Copperbard

Platos' imaginatoin Could have taken care of that. Aristophanes' clouds, Strepsiadse he was not.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more