A Conversation for Socrates

lucky coincidence?

Post 1

Ioreth (on hiatus)

Funny you should mention him; we just began studying Socrates.


lucky coincidence?

Post 2

Albino Lagomorph

Studying him at what level (what age) ?


lucky coincidence?

Post 3

Ioreth (on hiatus)

10th grade US, which makes me 15. So it's not really in depth, but we've been reading some Plato. Bits are really interesting - the rest is just dreary.


lucky coincidence?

Post 4

Albino Lagomorph

Count yourself lucky. I am practically 18 and so Philosophy is one of my three major subjects. I read Plato until my eyes bled and my ears turned into something vaguely resembling cheese. Some is interesting though.


lucky coincidence?

Post 5

Ioreth (on hiatus)

I will. Thanks for the perspective.


Plato the author of all evils

Post 6

tality

Hiya guys, I study Philosophy at University level and just wanted to say to you that Plato is excellent compared to some! smiley - smiley Really it's quite amazing -it was written so long ago and yet the awareness that Plato had of his audience makes his text entertaining, and much more accessible than some of the more recent philosophers such as John Locke. Stick with the Plato, some of the ideas are difficult, but it's really very clever, thought-provoking material.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more