Bucyrus, Ohio, USA - Bratwurst Festival Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Bucyrus, Ohio, USA - Bratwurst Festival

2 Conversations

Bucyrus, Ohio is famous for its bratwurst1. A three-day festival is held to honour Bucyrus' tasty version of this phallic food on the last weekend of August.

A young female is chosen to be the Bratwurst Queen, her image is struck on a limited edition brass coin, three parades are held for her glory, and hundreds of kilos of bratwurst are grilled to perfection and served to several hundred thousand hungry festival-goers. Visitors eat their fill of Bucyrus-style bratwurst, served on a rye sandwich roll with chopped onions, hot mustard, and sauerkraut2.

The other 362 days of the year in Bucyrus are spent in quiet small-town bliss, seldom hinting at the popularity of the festival, which once a year swells the town's population to greater than 100,000 with celebrants from as far away as Europe and Asia.

1A German pork sausage.2German pickled cabbage.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A264205

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more