A Conversation for Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Any good....

Post 1

Crescent

Are there any good coffeeshops?
BCNU - Crescent


Dynamo

Post 2

jschauma

You forgot to mention the legendary DYnamo festivals held in Eindhoven!!


Jesus

Post 3

Chameleon

Eindhoven....I was born there (I won't mention when), and frankly I miss the relaxed atmosphere living in London.

So Arnol is still around? We used to call him Jesus in my day, if it is the same guy that is... long beard?


Any good....

Post 4

Chameleon

There used to be a good one called 'het Begijntje' on 'het Stratumse End' but I am not sure if it still exists...


Jesus

Post 5

Finarfin

Yep we still call him that....=smiley - smiley
But now he is ussually found at the market place only...
=smiley - smiley


Dynamo

Post 6

Finarfin

Hey sorry but it is difficult trying to edit pages and stuff when you are currently working and studying in Finland....
Yes you heard me right I am currently studying in Finland, and having a ball....=smiley - smiley
But as soon as I have some more time I will surely edit the page....=smiley - smiley


Dynamo

Post 7

** twilight **

Rooms in the Bunker? I know people sometimes fall asleep there but that's usually after way to much drinking. The only rooms available are storagerooms.

By the way, for the interested, Jesus got married a couple of months ago.


Dynamo

Post 8

Finarfin

Wow, get the hell out of here... I don't believe it...let me see the mariage pictures and then i believe....=smiley - smiley
Ok So I have been in Finland for 6 months now and maybe a bit out of touch... Bit this is earth shattering news....
Who in his or hers ( nowadays it is possible) right mind would mary him....

Really would like some more information Twilight....Thanx...


Dynamo

Post 9

** twilight **

It got into the Eindhovens Dagblad actually, with the wedding picture as proof. Maybe you can find something in there. All I know is she is blond and wears glasses. If I find out any more I'll get back to you.


Dynamo

Post 10

** twilight **

You can find the article on www.eindhovensdagblad.nl
Search Archive with "Arnol" and "Huwelijk". The article is dated 3rd of february. No photo unfortunately, but maybe you can believe it after reading this.


Any good....

Post 11

Bill

Yup. Highly recommend the Pink Panther ("Clouseus".. A beum?") in Willemstrat.. Nice. Check out the toilets.. High-tech.

Other goods ones are: Flower Power - Dommelstraat - bit seedy, good crowd (apart from the English??).

Times Cafe - Kreusstrat (behind the Holiday inn, past all those brothels) - good, quiet, recently resurfaced the pool table.

The Bakery - Stratunseind. This is a bar, with a resident "dealer" (Licensed, and all above board). Just ask the barkeep, and they point them out. Good, friendly crowd in there - they just look a bit fierce. Mate of mine had a "rubbery legs" situation, and they couldnt have been nicer. "Get some chocolate down him, pronto" was the advice.

There are quite a few more.

(Ohh. Word of warning. "Grass" here is STRONG. Pace yourself!)


Any good....

Post 12

Bill

Yup - "the bakery" is still there. Same decor. Never been cleaned...

Was there a couple of nights ago..

---* Bill


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more