A Conversation for Secret Societies

Illuminati

Post 1

Giford

Surely you've missed the most secret society of them all, the Illuminati?

Founded in Bavaria by the enigmatic Adam Weishaupt, the Illuminati were a clandesine group dedicated to producing a 'New World Order'. Though they were officially suppressed not long after their founding in the late 18th century, rumours persist that this was merely a cover, and that they have instead simply taken their doctrine of control through infiltration underground. They had links with certain Masonic lodges (particularly Scottish ones, for some reason) and claimed descendency from previous societies such as the Knights Templar.

More recently, other groups (largely satirical or surrealist student groups from the 60s) have taken up the name (which means 'Enlightened Ones') to issue 'statements' in the Illuminati's name. Hardcore conspiracy theorists now link them with everything from alien takeovers to the Rhodes scholarships - see Wilson and Shea's 'Illuminatus!' trilogy for some of the more outre theories.

Now if you'll excuse me, the Men in Black are coming for me ...


Illuminati

Post 2

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Just watch out for the 23s and the fnords and you should be fine. smiley - devil

G7


Illuminati

Post 3

Rafaela Felizia Mendes di Asturien

Hail Eris!


Illuminati

Post 4

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Where did I put that sacred chao...

G7


Illuminati

Post 5

Rafaela Felizia Mendes di Asturien

[URL removed by moderator]

There is our sacred chao.


Illuminati

Post 6

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Very nice! Very nice indeed. smiley - biggrin

G7


Illuminati

Post 7

Rafaela Felizia Mendes di Asturien

Yes, the Iron Lemur cabal....too bad the link was removed, that was a rather nice chao.


Illuminati

Post 8

Trillian

One must still hold chaos in thee to give birth to a dancing star! smiley - biggrin *rolls golden apples, giggling*


Illuminati

Post 9

axe_slingin_doug

The freemasons are just a puppet group...the Illuminati are holding the strings, just like with the US government, Tim Horton's, and Universal Studios.


Key: Complain about this post