A Conversation for Alaska, USA

marijuana

Post 1

amukinak

As to the assertion that Marijuana is legal in Alaska for medicinal purposes, nothing has been put in place to support this legislation and the extremely conservative legislature is dragging its feet on enforcing a decision made by a popular referrendum. The reality (at least in the bush towns where I have lived) is that nearly everybody either smokes it or tolerates its use, but the cops vary widely in their attitude. My personal garden was dismantled by the police after it was raided by my neighbor and then left open to viewing. Despite this public announcement of my vices, when the cops came by no charges were filed, they let me keep my growlight and other equipment so I could start my vegetables for next summer's greenhouse, and the officer took the best looking plant back to the office intact to show off to his buddies. Several of these officers later complimented me on my horticultural skills. I do love Alaska.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more