A Conversation for Syktyvkar, Komi Republic, Russia

I confirm.

Post 1

Buldozr

Wow, one of the really few entries on Russia is about a city where I was born and have grown up. Well, it's definitely one of the many dull provincial cities, and there is not much you can do, except you have an interest in the local Komi people, their language and original culture.
Or if you come on business: timber, pulp and paper (the local plant is one of the largest in Europe), oil and gas (these things are actually closer to Ukhta and may be better represented over there).
For entertainment, sightseeing, or generally better quality of life, do what I did, come to Moscow or St. Petersburg, visit some tourist attractions at the Golden Ring or whereever.


I confirm.

Post 2

Yes,I am the Lady Lowena!Get with the programme...

I have never heard of the place in my life and I am supposed to be good at geography!!! But if Buldozr lived there then it must be real.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more