A Conversation for Cheese and the Ever-shrinking Lunch Break

Shrinking lunch break

Post 1

Damosel

I've noticed lots of comments about cheese here but nobody seems to think it odd we are taking less than half an hour for lunch. I find THAT odd. I don't know how many of you are on hourly wage - but I work 7pm to 7:30am and get paid for 12 hrs. That extra half hour is deducted for my lunch half-hour. (note I don't even bother to call it a lunch hour) So how come we're donating our time these days? Do we value our selves and our time so poorly? Are we worried that if we don't put out extra effort we won't get anywhere in the corporation? What gives?


Shrinking lunch break

Post 2

Is mise Duncan

You work twelve hours a day?
I take it you aren't covered by the European Working Times directive then? ;-(.


Shrinking lunch break

Post 3

SkippyVicious

I find it silly that my company requires you to take a half hour lunch. I'm one of those wierd people who like to just work straight through and then go home and eat, but lord no, I get in trouble if I skip over lunch smiley - smiley I guess I make up for it, since whenever I do go, I find myself talking with some attractive co-worker (since there's only one place to eat within several blocks) and I take an hour to an hour and a half smiley - smiley But such is life.


Shrinking lunch break

Post 4

Jenny and Fred the cheese

well i'm still at school and our lunch 1/2 hour is inforced though i have been known to overun art lessons. I suppose it depends on what different things you have to do in lunch and how interrested you are in your work.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more