A Conversation for Sunday Morning Birdlife in Sydney, Australia

Flying the nest

Post 1

pagj

My daughter leaves the UK on Tuesday 23rd May 2000 heading for Sydney. She plans to spend time getting to know the country as much as possible before returning home for college in September.

Any inside info? Where to go, what to see, etc. How to have the most fun possible on student finance?

Grateful for any info


Flying the nest

Post 2

Bruce

This is probably too late - sorry I only just noticed it - the best way to have fun in Oz on a limited budget is to have a look at the local backpacker magazines - there are heaps of them - they'll contain info on all sorts of things & just about anyone should be able to find something that appeals.

It's a big place & there's bound to be something for everyonesmiley - smiley

;^)#


Flying the nest

Post 3

Belle

Probably too late huh? But being a girl from Sydney in the UK I'll tell you what I miss most.
Shopping in Pitt ST, Queen Victoria, Strand Arcade, Paddinton, Newtown, Mossman. All out westfield suburb shopping center.
Clubbing at the cross, Oxford St. The best 'peas and pies' to be had at Harry de Wheels at woolloomooloo rd, woolloomooloo. Manly beaches, North Curl Curl, even crowded Bondi, but you have to go before the sun is up.
Yum Cha in Chinatown.
Walking across the Bridge, hyde park, botanic gardens.


Flying the nest

Post 4

Bruce

I can relate to that - though all those shopping destinations aren't my cup of teasmiley - winkeye

;^)#


Flying the nest

Post 5

Belle

no excuses, why not? what else is there but shopping?? :0)


Flying the nest

Post 6

Bruce

Motorbikes, fast living & hangovers smiley - tongueout

;^)#


Flying the nest

Post 7

Belle

ok those are good resons too. :0)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more