A Conversation for Insanity Prevention

Oops. I read the flying thing 2 late

Post 1

Riddler: Begginer Nutcase with a degree in Insanity, Finder of Flukes and Lost Dust Bunnys

Ummm.... I think u might wanna make the note to begginers about not beleiving they can fly a little bit bigger. I uhhh... kinda sorta missed it.... It WAS fun tho for the first couple seconds!! I had some sweet hangtime!!


Oops. I read the flying thing 2 late

Post 2

Researcher 188993

That's the problem with trying to fly... it has less to do with believing you can fly, and more with simply missing the ground on the way back down... You need to think like a little like nasa scientist planning the orbit of a satalite as anything orbiting the earth is really just falling at such an angle that it never really lands.

After you've planned your trajectories and such down to the precise millimeter, you'll want to disregard any notion you might have about such things as reallity, that way when gravity finally realizes you're breaking it's rule you'll at least have a good excuse.

Next, you'll simply have to do the impossible. I wouldn't recomend that you try jumping off of anything on the first attempt, as it will most likely resault in furthering the idea that you can't fly. Most of my recent attempts have been to look up into the empty sky and let myself fall into (this has yet to prove successfull, but that could be because I'm not sure that I want to fall off the earth just yet). The only method I've ever seen return any sort of resaults is to stand plainly just about anywhere and simply lift yourself off the ground, and no not by the back of your britches (thought that could also work, if you're more the comic sort).

anyways, better luck on your next flying attempt.


Oops. I read the flying thing 2 late

Post 3

Researcher 191561

Thanks for the tips, I may have to try that. Im still working on walking through walls though. I find that if you can line yourself up, you should be able to slip in between the particles of the wall, but its quite a tight squeeze.


Oops. I read the flying thing 2 late

Post 4

Qualtazaar The Unknown

The secret to walkin through walls is simply time travel. You stand in front of a wall, travel back in time to before the wall was built, take a few steps forward, and then travel back to your original time again. Voila!
smiley - smiley


Oops. I read the flying thing 2 late

Post 5

Researcher 195800

Of course, the other secret to walking through walls can be going forward in time, to after the wall is destroyed (although this usually results in unwelcome consequences such as severe insanity (the sign won't help then). Or just walk around the wall then go backwards in time and you're on the other side of the wall (although this is untested, I have heard both that it works and that trying it will result in being launched back to before you crossed the wall. ah, the complexities of time)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more