A Conversation for The Rules of the Remote Control

A Minor rule

Post 1

Atlantic_Cable

I lived in halls of residence in first year at university.

Every Sunday, I would go up to the TV room and watch Babylon 5, I was a huge fan, but the last 15 mins overlapped with the first 15mins of the F1 Grand Prix on the other side.

Every week, a bunch of guys would storm into the room and demand it be changed over to ITV, then talk, shout and drink, generally ingnoring the TV for 20 mins, as the forst 30 mins of F1 is commentators faffing about.

I found a simple solution. The hall's supervisor was a huge B5 fan, and he came up and watched with me. He was a really nice chap, but terrifying to people who didn't know him.

From then on, everytime someone came in demanding F1, he would say "WE'RE WATCHING THIS." in this really gruff voice, and the others piped down like sheep.

Excellent entry by the way. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more