A Conversation for 'Calvin and Hobbes' - the Comic Strip

THEY ARE HILARIOUS, READ THEM

Post 1

Munch Dûnadan, The Technical Cynical Heifer & Actor

It's that simple. And exquisitely drawn too. READ THEM READ THEM READ THEM!!!


THEY ARE HILARIOUS, READ THEM

Post 2

sunny

READ THEM!

smiley - shark


THEY ARE HILARIOUS, READ THEM

Post 3

sunny

The _correct_ posting would of course have been:

READ THEM ALREADY!!!

smiley - winkeye


THEY ARE HILARIOUS , READ THEM

Post 4

sunny








smiley - star


they ARE hilarious

Post 5

moondoggy

I absolutely agree with all of you. I think Bill Waterson does not get anywhere near the recognition that he deserves. No other cartoonist (I use the term loosely) is capable of making me laugh so hard just with his drawings alone. (Think of the expression on Calvin's face as Hobbes comes barreling out of the front door after school... Nobody in the world can capture that same expression.)


they ARE hilarious

Post 6

Wadge22

The thing is Bill Watterson doesn't want recognition, so if anything he should get less. He lives in a small town in Ohio (one that just happens to be five miles east of mine), and doesn't want any publicity at all. Giving him too much recognition is part of the reason he stopped cartooning.
I doo agree that he has the best comic strip ever, though.


they ARE hilarious

Post 7

Chronos

I personally love them i I have all the books and i read them. when you read them they draw you into Calvin's perspective and imagination
The spaceman spiff and Tracer bullet strips are amazing in their artwork and content. The landscapes in the spaceman spiff are wonderfully done the aliens are great. The tracer bullet strips blow me away reading them is like reading poetry and the inked strips must have taken Bill a long time to do and they also are great. The books themselves are just riddled with beautiful poetry. And the sheer humor of the strips just cracks me up when i read them.
if you have not read these books

READ THEM!!!!!!!!!


THEY ARE HILARIOUS, READ THEM

Post 8

YukonWolf

As everyone else is saying, READ THEM!! Just be careful where. A few years back I stopped at the bookshop on Paddington Station whilst waiting for a train and picked up the then new "Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat". I started reading it on the train. It would appear, judging from some looks I got, that laughing is not permitted on a Llundain-Abertawe (London-Swansea) train.


THEY ARE HILARIOUS, READ THEM

Post 9

Chronos

smiley - laugh
*looks at no laughing sign,smiley - grr rips it off the wall*
smiley - laugh


THEY ARE HILARIOUS, READ THEM

Post 10

Loganithan of SSDD

They are the best...EVER!!! I was told that they portray the beliefs of Calvinism and Hobbism, though I havent the slightest idea what either one of them are. They will reign for ever in triumph over all.


THEY ARE HILARIOUS, READ THEM

Post 11

several, a/k/a random

i get daily calvin and hobbes strips from www.myucomics.com---they are currently running '92 strips, in order. recently, a 630 PM calvin decided to get into the cardboard box/time machine and go to 830 and pick up his finished homework. 630 calvin and 830 calvin then went to 730 calvin, to yell at him for not doing the homework, while the 630 and 830 hobbses did the assignment, including illustrations. the calvins got an A-plus for the story, which miss wordwood praised for 'finally using your imagination.'
smiley - musicalnotesmiley - vampire


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more