A Conversation for Freiburg im Breisgau, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany

Freiburg i.Br.

Post 1

rhiannon

Nice entry. Anyway I'd like to add: the black forest isn't a _tram and a train ride_ away, rather the one or the other, a bike could bring you there, even walking would.

And I'd like to add: Freiburg is a city of about 300.000 inhabitants, so really it is quiet calm and provincial. But then there are a lot of students and as the place really is the town with the most sunny days and very pleasant temperatures in summer, it is very lively for german conditions.

The town itself is very beautiful. As damages in Worldwar II where little, there still are a lot of medieval buildings, dominating the athmosphere of the city. Pace is a bit slower here.

To me the vast difference from the black forest area in the east and the rhine plains to the west is fascinating and offers a richness of impressions. Nearby Kaiserstuhl-area is the hottest place in Germany and in those parts of it that aren't dedicated to wineyards, you could find lots of plants that are long distinguished in other areas.

And, still to add: Freiburg is something like Germany's California: in summer in terms of climata and throughout the year as capital of the human potential movement.


Freiburg i.Br.

Post 2

wilma

"Freiburg is something like Germany's California" - one shouldn't forget the occasional earthquakes smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Freiburg im Breisgau, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more