A Conversation for Adult Comic Books

I resent that...

Post 1

%The Calamitous Cranium Boy Who Just got his first approved article (eight weeks ago!!) ~/^Þ

I'd have to disagree with the part aboot us Canadians and our regection of nipples in comic books, eh? I don't think us canadians have any reservations about porn/comics. In fact, the Tarna sequence, from HEAVY METAL (the movie) was made right here in Montreal, and my Dad even worked on it (which is why I have so damned many HM T-Shirts).


I resent that...

Post 2

Scorpio

Well, you've got a point about our Canadian Customs Officers not being quite as uptight as originally insinuated; I, as a comic collector, have seen Canadian censorship at work first hand. I've been to many Comic shops across southern Ontario and have talked to many of the owners/operators about their trouble stocking much of the adult material. Even some of the recommended titles in the original article, "Bondage Fairies" and "XXXenophile" for instance, have been stopped at the border more than once. It has happened often enough that Diamond Distributors, the largest comics and collectibles distributor in the U.S., has simply stopped shipping adult oriented material to Canada altogether.

Canadian customs official are loosening up a bit, it seems they've replaced theold pickles up their butts with smaller gherkins; someday we might get the gherkins out too.


I resent that...

Post 3

%The Calamitous Cranium Boy Who Just got his first approved article (eight weeks ago!!) ~/^Þ

Southern Ontario is not really part of Canada, we just let them believe so. Why don't you come down to Montreal, where Anything Goes.
Tell me, did you like Heavy Metal: The Movie?


I resent that...

Post 4

Scorpio

Can I consider that an open invitation? I've been looking for an excuse to visit "la belle province"... many of my ancestors are from the province of Québec, and as a franco-ontarian (my true last name is Lalande) I'd have no trouble fitting in...

BTW... It's been a while since I've seen it... but yes, I did indeed enjoy HM: The Movie; very cool indeed! Also very whacky, and eccentric.


I resent that...

Post 5

%The Calamitous Cranium Boy Who Just got his first approved article (eight weeks ago!!) ~/^Þ

I'm glad you like to (HM, that is) because my Dad worked on the Tarna sequence (only the COOLEST part of the film) so had you said anything else I would have been forced to hurt you in some way. smiley - winkeye


I resent that...

Post 6

Bigfoot

I Just have to say that Heavy Metal is the best mag. published to today. TnA all the way!!!!smiley - smiley Oooohh Yeah! But with, yet, a somber attititude.


I resent that...

Post 7

Bigfoot

Please fill me in on what "gherkins" are.


I resent that...

Post 8

Scorpio

FYI, Gherkins are very small pickles; they are made with very young cucumbers. these little guys average 1" to 1 1/2" in length.


I resent that...

Post 9

Vaughan

Got a T-shirts spare or, more importantly HM artwork? Sorry this is off the subject but HM is really cool!!


I resent that...

Post 10

Neutrino Spasm

Heavy metal it's OK but most of yous seem a little too young to remember the famous underground comics of the seventies. Talking about awesome! I wish I clould find some now. I remember lending my vast collection to a pal and he lost them all when his basement flooded. Kind of like my ex keeping all my LP's from the same era. I had all the Ten years after, all the Nektar all the City boy's Oh well! back to the comics. I had Slow death, The viper, Zap comics with Mr. Natural and Flehy Foont the Fabulous furry freak bros and countless more drawn by geniuses like R.C.Crumb who did erotica with a flare. I better go now, tears are welling up in my nostalgic eyes.


I resent that...

Post 11

Vaughan

Reminds me of a similar experience, but to MY shame. I had an affair with a woman whose husband I was a friend of and I lent him my quite considerable Lp collection some of which I had from the late 60's. Well, you've probably guessed. He found us out and ritually broke each one and burnt the lot. Justice, just desserts, serves me right, etc I know. But the thing I couldn't understand was that he was a record collector. I had some very rare, even for then, albums in there. Why he didn't just keep them, I don't know! Either way nothing lasts forever.

Still Heavy Metal is a good mag, film and I'm looking forward to the new one comming out (namely F.A.K.K.2) sometime in the next few months.


Key: Complain about this post