A Conversation for Vivian Stanshall - Entertainer

Big Shot...

Post 21

TowelMaster

Oooh ! Real fans ! smiley - bigeyes

My fave is still '9 to 5 pollution blues'. The Beatles could have written that...and scored a big hit with it.

TM.

"There's a lady there, making a rather vulgar sign at me...Good grief !"


Big Shot...

Post 22

Zak T Duck

New horizons in sound now, as Roger plays a solo on the electric Shirtcollar


Big Shot...

Post 23

TowelMaster

Introducing Roy Rogers on Trigger...

TM.


Big Shot...

Post 24

Phil

And the Count Bassie Orchestra on the triangle *ting* Thank you...


Big Shot...

Post 25

TowelMaster

I'm the urban spaceman baby, I can fly
I'm a supersonic guy
I don't need pleasure, I don't feel pain
If you were to knock me down I'd just get up again
I'm the urban spaceman, I'm intelligent and clean
Know what I mean smiley - winkeye


Big Shot...

Post 26

Zak T Duck

My pink half of the drainpipe
Separates me from incredibly infascinating story of your life and every day to day event in all its minute and tedious attention to detail and was it a Thursday or a Wednesday or..
Oh no, It wasn't so, who cares anyway. It's not as if your normal, if your normal I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life..
And I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinosceroses and the kitchen incessant quotations from Now We Are Six, through the mouthpiece of Lord SAnooty's giant poisoned electric head.

So there smiley - bigeyes


Big Shot...

Post 27

TowelMaster

She had the hottest lips since the Russian where I had to stand back for fear of being burned...

TM.


Big Shot...

Post 28

Zak T Duck

Sorry, but I'm going to have to put you straight on that one.

She had the hottest lips since Hiroshima, I had to stand back for fear of being burned.


Big Shot...

Post 29

TowelMaster

No prob. Croz,

But are we talking about the same version ? You never know do you ? I think I got mine off The History of the Bonzo's.

TM.


Big Shot...

Post 30

Zak T Duck

Just to make sure I was correct I checked History on CD, History on my dad's old LP (after blowing an inch thick coating of dust off it), and compared them to the version on Cornology. As far as I can tell they are identical. The only song that isn't is Canyons of Your Mind. On the original LP and on Cornology, the intro bit is omitted (I'm singing for you tonight covered in sequins).

But as you said, there could be a version out there with those lyrics. It would be interesting to get hold of a copy of it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more