A Conversation for Vivian Stanshall - Entertainer

Viv's Radio Flashes

Post 1

Researcher 177884

I once walked into a secondhand record shop in Manchester, only to hear Old Scrotum singing Darnin' Socks. Pay dirt! Viv's John Peel radio flashes. The shop owner said he'd record them for me if I supplied the tapes. I did. Next week the entire shop was gone, with its owner.

They wouldn't make the top ten, but surely it wouldn't hurt to slap the shows on a double cassette priced at 9.99.


Viv's Radio Flashes

Post 2

craigie* - Keeper of The Search Engines (number 400)

I have a couple of these which I can tape for you, including Old Scrotum's Darnin' Socks. send me some details (reply to this) and I'll get you a tape.

I'm in Manchester, but I have never owned a shop, second hand or otherwise!


Viv's Radio Flashes

Post 3

thegrape

I have an extensive Bonzo and related solo member recordings.

I recently sponsored a distribution of a 3-cd set of the complete Sir Henry BBC recordings.

I am interested in completing a similar set of Radio Flashes. I have an excellent quality recording of the pilot show.

What do you have and when can I fly over (I am in the US)? I actually have some trading partners in the UK that would be happy to trade with you.

Please reply to me at thegrape at thegrape dot org.

My web site is at http://thegrape.org

Cheers,
Grape


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more