A Conversation for Horley, Surrey, UK

Horley update

Post 1

Spot on Pete, alias The bearded one

Back again after a bit of a sojourn.
Life in Horley goes on, we now have a marvellous new Waitrose (can I say that?)and the local department store has an extension.
Latest moans in the local rags are about parking, mainly by people employed by a well known airline (boss with a beard so can't be all bad),and the Horley Town plan.
Town Plan: are yes, this is a way of increasing the population of an area by building vast new estates on a flood plain and not imroving any of the essential infrastructure. If completed this will result in increased hooliganism, see my original article, because there will still be nothing to do !!!
Wave as you fly over next time.


Horley update

Post 2

Mandletoad the First

Horley Master plan - read Horley Disaster plan
Potentially as awful and destructive as any regeneration plans Vogons might come up with. Poor Meath Green, nearly every beautiful property down that lane has a florescent poster pleading for the area to stay as it is. But do the motorists charging through in their own mindless world care? Do they b******s!
Not only do we lose that area of quiet rurality, but we risk bringing in Crawley overspill. Now I've got nothing against Crawley, but would you let the Peckham Massive live in Buckingham Palace? You might as well erect walls with signs that say "This Space reserved for Vandalism".
Talking of Crawley, there must be waste land around there, and Redhill, both big towns able to cope with a relatively small increase in population - what happened to the promise to use "Brownfield Sites". What's next, tower blocks in Charlwood!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Horley, Surrey, UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more