A Conversation for Hereford, Herefordshire, UK

Cafe Uno

Post 1

Clelba

IMHO, cafe uno is not a place worth visiting. i've been there twice, and the food is too expensive for what it is, and the service is not at all worth mentioning. but that's just my opinion. and my mum's.
^. .^
= ' =


Cafe Uno

Post 2

Researcher 238900

I'd agree with that. In fact one of the best bits about Hereford is the lack of chain restaurants / coffee shops etc. The best place to eat in town is Ascaris on East Street which does a lovely cup of coffee, a pot of tea for £1.10 (as an exiled Herefordian living in London I find this incredible value) and very good cakes. The Matabeau in Commercial Street is also good for coffee and rolls and the Left Bank by the Old Bridge is the best place for posh nosh. There are some excellent places doing pub food in Hereford too ; the Volunteer on Harold Street, the Bay Horse on King's Acre Road and the Spread Eagle next to the Cathedral to name but three. There are also lots of really good country pubs a little further out. I suspect whoever recommended Cafe Uno is an interloper from out of town !


Cafe Uno

Post 3

Clelba

heh heh...
i don't eat out in hereford much, but the spread eagle is good...
^. .^
= ' =
Guru
CommunityArtist


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more