Star Trek - The Project: Ships: USS Tricolor

0 Conversations

Ship name: USS Tricolor
Registry number: NX-67523 | NCC-67523
Ship class: Prometheus
Captain: Atcab Sethur1
Crew: 150
Contruction: Utopia Planetia, Mars Orbit, Sol System

Tour Of Duty

Launched: 51642.1
Shake down cruise: 51651.4
Assigned to Beta Quadrant border patrol: 51722.9

Current Assignment

The Tricolor is currently assigned to patrol the border of the Federation and the beta quadrant of the galaxy. This is a vast frontier, which incorporates part or the Romulan neutral zone.

Major Engagements

  • Stand off with Romulan warbird: 51725.2
  • Took part in Starfleet wargames: 51801.0
  • Investigation of relay station disappearance: 51830.4
  • Intercepted raiding fleet of unknown species: 51877.1

Captain's Log and Transcripts

Read excerpts from the Captain's Log | Read Atcab Sethur's Presentation to the Starfleet Academy Class of 2385

Specification

Weapons

The Tricolor incorporates:

  • 10 phaser banks
  • Photon and quantum torpedo launchers
  • Regenerative shielding
  • Ablative armour

Multi-Vector Attack Mode

Like all Prometheus call starships, the Tricolor has three seperate hulls and can seperate into three ships in battle. Each ship has its own warp and impulse drives and weapons systems.

Since the Tricolor has been enlisted by Starfleet Research, she has been outfitted with an upgraded sensor palette, which includes an interferometer for multi-vector mode. The ships splits into several sections and each are position several light-years apart. A subspace link connects each sensor palette to create a large interferometer for long range astronomy.

Enhanced Warpcore

The design of the Prometheus warp core called for one single warp core for integrated warp flight and three seperate cores for multi-vector flight. The revolutionary warp core actually splits into three seperate parts during seperation. The problem is that the three shorter cores are less efficient and use more matter/anti-matter.

The Tricolor incorporates new technology to re-focus the anti-matter streams during multi-vector mode to create a more efficient reaction. The trade-off is that the components burn out faster and that seperation is now impossible above warp 8.

Transporter Array

The Tricolor encorporates a full set of transporters in all three hull sections, unlike the Prometheus. This allows for greater flexibility on away missions and rescue operations.

Links

1Being El-Aurian, Captain Atcab Sethur has been in Starfleet a long time. His previous commands include the USS Katana.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1982540

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more