Star Trek - The Project: USS Tricolor - Captain's Log Excerpts

1 Conversation

Captain's log stardate 51643:

By order of Starfleet command you are hereby requested and required to take command of the USS Tricolor, signed head of Starfleet operations.

I have taken command of the third Prometheus class starship, still in drydock at Utopia Planetia. We will shortly be departing on our shakedown cruise, but the chief engineer is worried about the multi vector attack mode. The Tricolor's hull seperation sequence is very different to all previous ships and has only been tested so far in simulations. Our warp drive is untested above warp 3 and the weapons systems still aren't online. However I remain confident that the sip and crew will function well.

We are still awaiting final crew members before embarking on our shakedown cruise. In the meantime I am taking the opportunity to become very familiar with the ship. I have walked along almost every corridor and have visited most of the main sections of the ship.

Captain's log stardate 51651.4:

The Tricolor has departed Mars orbit on her shakedown cruise. Things have not gone as well as expected. The impulse drive is playing up. My chief engineer is having trouble syncronising all the manifolds from the three hull sections. So far we have been thrown into two flat spins and one dead roll. We are heading at 1/2 impulse for the Trojan asteroid belt trailing Jupiter. Here we will test our weapon systems, while Jupiter station monitors us. Hopefully we can get there without any more crew members losing their lunch.

Log update stardate 51653.1:

The weapon systems work perfectly, as does the multi-vector attack mode. Unfortunately, these appear to be the only system working. Communications are erratic, turbolifts keep arriving at the wrong location and the gravity plating on deck four is operating at only 1/3 gee. Our warp drive is also offline. My engineer believes the problem lies with interference from the Busard collectors, which are preventing us from forming a stable warp field. She assures me the problem will be resolved within the day.

Captain's log stardate 51661.0:

Our shakedown cruise is complete. At long last, we have a ship that works. We even managed to notch her up to a stable warp 9.97, the fastest I have even flown. Starfleet has given us a routing patrol route that takes us nowhere of any interest or significance. I don't think they trust this ship yet. She has yet to see commerce, let alone combat.

Captain's log stardate 51695.4:

We have received a distress call from a Federation supply convoy in the Denat system. We are proceeding there at maximum warp. The transmission was cut off before they could relay the details of their emergency, but I am assuming the worse. There has been a lot of raider activity in this sector and we are currently at battle readyness.

Log update stardate 51665.0:

We have rescued the survivors from all three convoy ships. Casualtites were light. Our multi-vecor mode came in great use. The Tricolor's three sections were set for autonomous navigation and each section was able to transport the crew from a single ship. Had we been a one hulled ship, I fear the loss of life would have been higher. It appears that a stellar phenomenon known as a Bria cluster was responsible for the loss of the three cargo ships. Their hulls were contorted out of all recognition by the time we arrived. Only moments after we beamed them aboard, one of the ships imploded, which triggered explosions on the other two ships. Intensive scans have failed to locate the Bria cluster. We have deployed several warning markers in the area. I have set course for the nearest Starbase to drop the survivors off.

Captain's log stardate 51722.9:

The Tricolor has been assigned to permanent partol along the Romulan neutral zone. This boundary marks the edge of Federation space. We are making our way there at warp 5. All systems operational. The crew is understandably nervous, this is still an untested ship.

Captain's log stardate 51725.2:

I have just had an encounter with a Romulan captain by the name of T'Grit. He brought his warbird to within 200 metres of the Federation side of the neutral zone with all weapons armed. He seems convinced that the Tricolor is here to spy on Romulan space. I must admit, were I in his shoes, I might feel the same. Our enhanced interferometer would make a highly effective covert survelance device. However, I convinced him that we are here only to protect the interests of the Federation and that there were much larger static interferometers spying on him. He scouled at me and stayed in his position for over two hours, then cloaked. I can only assume he returned to Romulan space.

Captain's log stardate 51801.0:

The Tricolor has the honour of being invited to take part in beta sector war games. The Tricolor has been assigned a fleet command for the games. We will have five support vessels to accompany us during the exercises. I still do not know what our objective will be, but I remain confident that my crew and my ship will perform admirably.

Captain's log stardate 51830.4:

Starfleet command has ordered the Tricolor to investigate the radio silence from sub-space relay station 135. The station stopped relaying transmissions three days ago and has not reported in. We are en-route and will arrive in two days.

Captain's log stardate 51833.2:

We have arrived at the designated coordinates, but relay station 135 is not here. All scans of the area reveal nothing. There is no debris, no message bouys, nothing. The station itself is not large. It could have been towed, or even transported from its location. There are no ion trails in the area. Even an impulse trail a week old would leave a trail behind.

Log update 51833.9:

We have found the station. It has sunk into a sub-space well that very nearly swallowed my first officer and away team's shuttle. We have been able to make contact with the crew and are attempting to beam them out. This will require the Tricolor to seperate and optain three seperate transported locks on each crew member. They will then be beamed out and re-collimated in the primary hull's transporter system. This technique has never been used before, but we have no choice. The well is collapsing and will crush the station in less than twenty minutes.

Log update 51834.0:

My chief engineer should be commended. Her plan to cross link the transporter platforms has worked. All four station crew members have been rescued along with the station's sensor log bouy. We are transmitting it to Starfleet HQ in the hopes that it can be used to further efforts to predict sub-space well formation.

Captain's log stardate 51877.1:

The Tricolor is en-route to aid a Ferengi cargo ship. They have been attacked by an unknown force and are in an unstable orbit around the nearby moon of Triska IV. We are proceeding at maximum warp.

Log update 51879.0:

We are attempting to outrun a fleet of thirty unknown vessels. They destroyed the Ferengi ship before we could rescue the crew and opened fire on us. The warp drive was hit and we are currently limited to warp 7. Aft weapon systems are offline and tactical reports the phaser banks are questionable. We have contacted Starfleet. Three other ships are en-route to us and should intercept us in less than four hours. We will make a stand there and attempt to drive this enemy force back.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2060434

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more