A Conversation for Books

Books what I have readed

Post 21

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Yeah, right on Johanna... Completely agree...


Just finished reading The Meaning of Life - by P.j. McAuley - I'm not sure why I bothered, I mean we all know the answer is 42.. It was actually pretty good, about a lifeform from Mars called the Chi, which borrrowed stuff from all organisms it came into contact with... Not sure what the ending was though (OK it wasn't just finished - it was two books ago...), Oh No I think I remember....

Then I read something by John Meaney, that wasn't Paradox, or the other one, but the first one, I think... 'ang on... To Hold Infinity - which was really good, kind of a detective novel, without a real detective....smiley - erm

Just coming to the end of Murder in Lamut By Reaymond E. Feist, and Joel Rosenberg- where the murder doesn't happen 'til the last 50 pages, and the investigation is wrapped up really quickly...

Mind you it has been quite an enjoyable read...




Books what I have readed

Post 22

Johanna the Psychotic Bananna - - I'm back!!! I missed you, H2G2

sounds like a bit of an odd book


Books what I have readed

Post 23

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

which one?


Books what I have readed

Post 24

Johanna the Psychotic Bananna - - I'm back!!! I missed you, H2G2

murder in lamut


Books what I have readed

Post 25

Bluebottle

I've just finished reading Dave Gorman's Googlewhack adventure - after buying it at a book signing.

I'm currently looking for my own googlewhacks - so far I've found one:
bartizans halloween

<BB<


Books what I have readed

Post 26

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Which won't be anymore, now that you've posted it... I came up with "Zho Gravitates" and posted it elsewhere and now its not...

I have just (on the train this morning) finished reading the second of my recent book orders (smiley - erm I only ordered about 50...) Recursion, by Tony Ballantyne - nice Title says a lot about it - three "independent" story arcs brought together nicely to make a whole...

Previous to that - Bikini Planet by Dave Garnett (?) - about Bikini's and planet's, but not so many Bikini's (or Planets come to think about it)... smiley - erm actually story of a Las Vegan frozen for 300 years and his daft (but not very funny) adventures after he is revived.

Before that: Runes of the Earth - the last chronicles of Thomas Covenant, by Stephen Donaldson.. Good but (as usual) a bit wordy - not that it was too long - just that He never uses a "normal" word when an obscure one will do just as well...

And before that... Can't remember atm...

But next one is going to be Exultant by Stephen Baxter.


Books what I have readed

Post 27

Allaina

Dean Koontz "From the Corner of his eye" is a brilliant book, and besides a little bit of killing, which I don't really like, it opens up your mind to different dimensions, and new ways of thinking, but it keeps you on your toes. I have a list of people wanting to borrow it. I really like supernatural, thrillers and love stories, if anyone has any suggestions of really good books, it would be greatly appreciated. I always look forward to going to bed, because that is my reading time, after the computer and h2.


Key: Complain about this post