A Conversation for Things to do in Paris, France

Pedestrian Hazard

Post 1

mishy_mo

following from that fantastic advice reguarding driving and walking i would like to stress to anyone who even percives the possibility of walking a single block in paris to have your eyes checked and never never trust a green man or a zebra crossing who's meaning seems to be 'hey people might be walking here but what the heck it's france drive faster.'

other than this paris is one of my fave holiday destinations!

Mishy


Pedestrian Hazard

Post 2

speff

Very, very true. Mind you, 9 years of living in Aberdeen builds the requisite skills!


Pedestrian Hazard

Post 3

mishy_mo

Glasgow also


Pedestrian Hazard

Post 4

speff

Ah, yes; you would be thinking in particular of such tests of nerve as the Renfrew Street/West Nile Street junction. Or the Byres Road/University Avenue one.


Pedestrian Hazard

Post 5

mishy_mo

Indeed, unfortunatly my travels have never taken me to the fair city of Aberdeen so I can not comment on its thrilling streets.

But I can certainly agree with you on the death traps you mentioned.

Bicyclists should also be noted as hazardous on University Avenue. (You can gather quite a bit of speed on that hill)


Pedestrian Hazard

Post 6

speff

Are you referring to the Men's Union end (sweeping down on you from round a blindish corner if crossing from the union)or the Ashton Lane end (sweeping down on you from a blind summit)? I seem to remember that the "safety" features at either end (namely the traffic lights) operated on a we-hate-students basis, either by not ever working ever, or in giving you the barest amount of time in which to run like a headless b*****d across the road.


Pedestrian Hazard

Post 7

mishy_mo

I refer to the first hill which sweeps down to the union

Do not trust the green man!


Pedestrian Hazard

Post 8

speff

Aaaah. Indeed.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more