A Conversation for Yo-Yos

Tricks?

Post 1

Jimi X

I'd really love to know how to do that "walking the dog trick"....
Help please?!?


Tricks?

Post 2

WoC

Hi there.

The trick is simply to:

1. Have the yo-yo-string quite loosely fit, so that the free spin is possible to achieve. If the yo-yo is not good enough and the string yo-yo can't spin freely, you won't be able to walk the dog.

2. Hand up, throw the yo-yo towards the floor, quite hard, make it form a low arc forward (i.e., don't throw it _straight_ to the floor). When the yo-yo reaches the floor, make sure it lands sofly, i.e, don't make the handtwist you usually do to get the friend spinning back towards you. If done correctly, the yo-yo should spin in the end of the string. Lightly, you should even be able to touch the floor, thus making "the dog walk".

3. Before the yo-yo looses all of it's spinning energy, with a light twitch of the wrist, the yo-yo should return to your hand again.

/WoC


Tricks?

Post 3

Jimi X

Cool, I'll give that a try tonight!! smiley - smiley


Tricks?

Post 4

WoC

Good, you do that.

I'm thinking about learning "the cradle"...it's quite hard...

/WoC


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more