A Conversation for Public Transport

easier to travel round manhatten than 3 miles in england

Post 1

archShade

Tody I spent an hour getting about three miles from winchester to chan ford. Before this I had to wait from 1 o'lock to quater past 3 for the bus.

And the hole thing cost £2.20

when I went round NY city last feb I saw sites from all over manhatten in a day using the subway. From the staue of libety to eating at China town and shopping on time square all for $10.00 just over twice the price. why do local busses cost so much, so infreequent and take so long


easier to travel round manhatten than 3 miles in england

Post 2

combattant pour liberte

An hour to travel three miles? It'd probably be quicker to walk, humans are supposed to walk at an average speed of 4 mph. Although a lot of country roads are quite dangerous to walk on the edge of.


easier to travel round manhatten than 3 miles in england

Post 3

archShade

It would though I did not now the root. It was v.hot I was carrying my colledge books and only had a can of diet coke to drink. Not how like to go walking.


easier to travel round manhatten than 3 miles in england

Post 4

AgProv2

I sympathise

On the one occassion I was round your way (which deserves a Guide entry in itself - "Token Pleb invited to an Upper-Class Country House For A Long Weekend")I noticed that the bus service between Winchester and Alton appears to run to a calendar rather than a timetable. And Alton is only three or four miles up the road from Winchester? Might have improved since the middle 1980's, but a little feeling makes me doubt it...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more