A Conversation for New Zealand

wellington

Post 1

celestial duck-child

Contrary to popular to belief, there is more to wellington than coffee and public servants! There's also a beehive and a large Museum. It get's just as much wind as Auckland (don't get me started on that) just in bigger gusts. It is the capital! Everyone should look up to it! It is the best place in the Welligton region, if not the rest of the world. It is home to such Legends as Christian Cullen (uhhhhh....I'll take some more of that), Tana Umaga, and (maybe) Jonah Lomu. It can also boast Stephen Fleming, Gavin Larsen, Roger Twose and many others. All those people can't be wrong, or stupid!


Dannevirke

Post 2

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Dannevirke, despite what it says in this (poor) article, is in the North Island - not the South Island. About 150 miles north of the capital city, Wellington, actually.

Or to put it another way - Dannevirke is 90 miles south of Napier, the art deco capital of the world. Come and visit us http://www.h2g2.com/A293285


Dannevirke

Post 3

celestial duck-child

I played cricket there once (God knows why). We won, so I don't have anything bad to say about Dannevirke.


Dannevirke

Post 4

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

An excellent cafe opened in Dannevirke recently. Yum. What bugs me about the place is invariably it is either raining, about to rain or just stopped raining.

I got in touch with the h2g2 editors and the disparaging Dannevirke remark is now connected to the North Island, not the South.... Progress?


Dannevirke

Post 5

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

An excellent cafe opened in Dannevirke recently. Yum. What bugs me about the place is invariably it is either raining, about to rain or just stopped raining.

I got in touch with the h2g2 editors and the disparaging Dannevirke remark is now connected to the North Island, not the South.... Progress?


Dannevirke

Post 6

Researcher 187649

Isn't Dannevirke populated by swedes (the people, not the vegetables, although they could be confused)?

PS Wellington is a dump. Grey, grey, grey.........


Dannevirke

Post 7

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Dannevirke was founded by the Danes. Some people may think the word Dannevirke was a bit of a givaway smiley - bigeyes

As you proceed along SH2 you will soon come to Norsewood. This delightful little town was founded by Norwegians.


Dannevirke

Post 8

Researcher 189693

Hey, leave off Wellington!

You can't beat Wellington on a good day.....
It appears to be raining right now...


Wellington

Post 9

Spirit

I have it on good authority from numerous sources that Wellington Rocks!! I ain't actually been there myself but it's on the travel plans when I finally get to go to NZ


wellington

Post 10

vectusian

While my name is vectusian and I was born on the Isle of Wight. Wellington was my home for twenty odd years and there is nothing wrong with the place. You can get to work by train and you don't have to drive. It is a great place to bring up kids and we have a great harbour that everyone can enjoy,and feel part of. It also has some good beaches that is a hop step and jump to get too.
It also has the beehive and the house of comedians, so what more do you want. The city it's self is full of gardens and trees thanks to a man by the name of "Bob
Archibald who was in charge of parks and reserves a number of years ago. Setting into motion what they enjoy today You can always tell a Wellingtonian he has one leg shorter than the other so he can stand upright on the
many hills that make up the place and also to combat the wind, that is when it blowssmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh
have a good day vectusian.


wellington

Post 11

db_dogsbody

Napier- now THERE'S a hole. Go there, spend 20 mins looking at the pretty buildings the get the hell outta there... The rest of NZ i have to say more than makes up for it.
Except Christchurch.


Key: Complain about this post