A Conversation for Queuing

The European queue

Post 1

BobTheFarmer

This will have been experienced by any traveller to Europe, particularly anyone who has been skiing in the Alps.

From the head of the queue two rails stretch back to create a funnel shape, allowing deviousness, elbows and ski-poles to allow you to physically fight your way to the front. The modest English queuer will quickly find that he/she will not move anywhere as the English queue relys on the taking the place of the person in front as they move forward. In the European queue however, the space vacated by the person in front will instantaneously be filled by someone cutting in from the sides. Harsh tactics and a reversion from their Englishness is the only way to get any skiing done, or the English queuer will spend all day at the bottom of the slope waiting for the lift.


The European queue

Post 2

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

I've only ever been skiing twice, at Aviemore in Scotland. On both holidays, the queues were nice and neat, if excessively long...


The European queue

Post 3

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Well, Bob the Farmer obviously talks about *continental* Europe and his observation is the full truth. The same (cutting in from the sides etc) applies to cinemas in Munich smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more