A Conversation for 'Star Wars' - the Films

Balance to the Force

Post 21

tonderai (wearing an itchy baobab hat)

Hmmm i'm with you. The irony is that Anakin had to be turned to the dark side to defeat the emperor. In a fatalistic way anyway.


Balance to the Force

Post 22

friendlywithteeth

Hmmmm smiley - zensmiley - ale


Balance to the Force

Post 23

Oh_sigh00

Hey, as long as it all works out in the end, I'm happy. Anyway, another good topic along this line is rogue Jedi. It's hard to think of whether they're good or not. They use force lightning, but fight evil. What do you think?smiley - zen


Balance to the Force

Post 24

tonderai (wearing an itchy baobab hat)

Hey i thought all rogue Jedi simply Sith in disguise, like Count Dooku aka Darth Tiranus ... Are these 'rogues' from the books?


Balance to the Force

Post 25

Oh_sigh00

The idea of rogue Jedi is from the books but Tyranus is a fallen Jedi or a Sith who was a Jedi.


Balance to the Force

Post 26

KAIOBE

I think i read ages ago in an interview that it wasn't Anakin that brought balance, but in is Leia. As in i think episode 5 or 6, yoda or kenobi mentions that there is another, before you find out that leia and luke are brother and sister.

there's to 2bobsworth.


Balance to the Force

Post 27

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

It was mentioned a little higher up that Lucas reserves the right to contradict what's in the novels - not true. Everything written about Star Wars, whether it be comics, RPG material, books or games is approved as canon by Lucasfilm.

After the Alan Dean Foster book "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" and the original Marvel comics series began to throw up major continuity issues Lucas decided (sometime around Return of the Jedi) his universe should be coherent...


Balance to the Force

Post 28

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

don't take this as gospel, this is just what I remember from a conersation I had with Jeremy Bulloch a few months ago. He said George won't Direct the final three SW films, it takes up too much time, which could be used for making more Indy films etc. However he might produce them if he finds a director who he trusts to do it right. What these might cover is not known, but if the CW cartoons are to be trusted then the Sith are not extinct, so not only do the Jedi have to worry about Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus, but the whole Sith race.


smiley - dog


Balance to the Force

Post 29

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

You know I always thought Lucas's statement that there would only be 6 films was just to remove the pressure of expectation. And let's face it, when they are made the original cast will be the right age to cameo in a post-NJO storyline

Let's all hope smiley - smiley


Balance to the Force

Post 30

Cefpret

Let's hope that Lucas can resist! Episove VI has a real ending, so anything beyond it would be a new story and could be only worse. Fortunately George Lucas is an old fashioned producer who knows when to stop, and Star Wars is a labour of love for him.


Key: Complain about this post