A Conversation for A Quick Guide to BDSM

small error...

Post 1

sub2shadow

the only thing i would correct in this article is that the lower case f or m is not especially used in age play, just as the upper case M or F is not particularly used to denote an adult in the scene.

BDSM is primarily about power exchange, the uppercase M or F denotes the Dominant (Dom for male, Domme for female, also Dominatrix) the lowercase m or f is used for the submissive male or female (sub or subbie). Whilst it may seem a little odd to those outside the scene there are many and varied protocols for those making BDSM a part of their lifestyle, and the degree to which a Dominant or submissive adhers to those protocols is largely a case of personal preference. Those considered more 'formal' will often go to the extent of using lower case letters for any reference to submissives and upper case for any reference to Dominants. For example, i am submissive to my Master. The reason He is called my Master is because i have been 'collared' - a ceremony somewhat akin to marriage (not legally binding) where the Dominant and submissive pledge their committment to one another, sometimes with an exchange of 'contracts' and often in the presence of other friends from the lifestyle.
A good website for finding out more about power exchange relationships is: www.castlerealm.com
If you find you are interested in BDSM then check out the internet for BDSM groups in your area, they generally have regular meetings (called Munches) where groups gather in a purely social setting to build friendships.


small error...

Post 2

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

That's not an error, it is correct, according to my research. smiley - smiley

What I was referring to there was the web pages with muliple stories/photo stories etc to choose from, that coding enabled the reader to chose the type of story they preferred to read.

Just last night I was on a DVD review page, (for research purposes, of course smiley - winkeye) that also used that coding. It may not be on the pages you visit sub2shadow, but it is out-there and used.

I had to be very careful with the wording in this Entry, and had to remove a large section before it was accepted into the Edited Guide. What was left, is very basic.

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly


small error...

Post 3

angeliccariad

It is a well written article Emmily, and one I would feel happy directing anyone to who was interested in the BDSM lifestyle.

However I agree with sub2shadow about the capitalisation convention. The example you give of age play is a limited subsection. The convention works because in that example the younger person is taking the submissive role, however it is a convention which extends to all Dominant/submissive roles, regardless of age. It is possible to have an older sub (lower case) and a younger Dom (upper case). An example of this broader use of the convention can be seen on http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A583490

Thank you for this post.
cariad


small error...

Post 4

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Thanks angeliccariad smiley - smiley

I've got no more to say on this subject. As the messages at the bottom of an Entry are generally considered as part of the Entry, any visitors reading this thread can make up their own mind. smiley - oksmiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more