A Conversation for Towels

The militaristic Towel

Post 1

J Murphy

I believe by oversight, or by my own lack of things to do, the militaristic value of the towel has been overlooked thus far. HEre are some examples...

1: Towel can be wrapped about the muzzle of a firearm to act as a silencer

2: Place a rock in the center of the towe.. fold the towel over grasping oth ends... swing the towel violently and repeatedly in an arc, and then release the rocky missile by loosing one end of the towel. Please practice this art in a private and open place with no breakable objects.

3: Reconniasance towels. Military codes of flags( Self explanatory use), Smoke signals (Wet towel and catch smoke in it), or flashing lights (Use towel to damp the beam of light) to send messages in code over large distances and quietly.

4: Troop removal- Injured soldiers could be removed from the battlefield using the towel as either a sling between two comrades, a stretches when combined with two sticks, or a harness quite like a pappoose(Allows a person to ride piggy back upon another) with some modifications.

It is of little doubt in my mind that towels have often turned the tide of many major battles.

J Murphy


Key: Complain about this post

The militaristic Towel

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more