A Conversation for 'Bergerac' - the TV Series

Bergerac

Post 1

columba60

I write further to my previous posting.

i found it distastful, that Philippa Vale, got away with crime, so oftern, just because Bergerac had a soft spot for her. The poloce should not show favouritism. A crook is a crook, even thoughthe Costain woman, was more vicious.

I cannot answer for the apparent amnesia of the writer who could not remember thenameof the actor, playing Charlie Hungerford. He figured in nearly every episode. It was Terence Alexander, who has appeared much on T V.

TThe series did a lot for Jersey, particularly financially, apart from being enjoyable, and a good standard, at least, before it suffered the affliction, of going on too long, like other BBC series.


Bergerac

Post 2

Antonhu

I'm presently ploughing my way through the DVD's, and prior to watching the Ice Maiden episodes I was expecting to find the concept of the glamorous crook with a heart of gold pretty nauseating. But in the event, I find they are so well done that I'm not offended; her crimes are hardly heinous, and her victims often deserving.

At what stage did you feel the series had 'gone on too long'? Certainly Nettles complained about the influence of budget cuts in later episodes. Personally, I could have done without the French episodes - Jersey is the other star of the series (and no, I'm not a resident!)

By the way, have you seen this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081831/
including the commentaries and forum topics.

I like the idea of a new series featuring a retired Bergerac once Nettles' Midsomer commitments are over, and Jersey Tourism should indeed sponsor it smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more