A Conversation for 'Bergerac' - the TV Series

Bergerac.

Post 1

Researcher 197935


After many months I decided to log into the Bergerac website again to see if there had been any developments as to whether the T.V. series had been released on video or DVD. Alas not yet so it appears.

When the series was originally broadcast in the 1980's I do not recall giving it much attention. However when it reached our television screens again on weekday afternoons in 2000 I found it's form and content to be a delightful 'breath of fresh air' in contrast to that of contemporary T.V. drama. Being self employed and working from my own home I soon found that watching each daily episode became an integral part of my daily routine.

I believe that what I found so delightful about the fictional series, particularly relating to the earlier episodes, was that it was very good T.V. drama that had not yet been tainted and dehumanised by the grotesque influence of 'Political Correctness' and in particular, feminism.

The writers succeeded in portraying the characters within the drama as people with real human qualities. The interaction between the characters displayed believable human qualities realting to their relationships, strengths and weaknesses. In contrast to contemporary T.V. drama, which seems intent on continually dehumanising and belittling the white male, every story and every scene was not dominated by the ideological prerogative that deems it necessary that, what I describe as the 'Noah's Ark' scenario (two by two, where there is a man there must also be a woman), overrides all considerations. All too often this is sadly also accompanied by the inevitability that whenever a male charachter says or does anything his words or deeds will be scornfully criticised by the female charachter.

The early episodes of Bergerac represent to me an era in televison that has not gone for ever, but has certainly been suspended by the encroachment of extreme left wing political poltical thinking into the formatting of British, and indeed Western, television generally.

However, as history has shown us time and time again, all periods of extremism come to end. This will be the case with our own political era. In the meantime I do hope Bergerac is released on DVD or video.

From
P. Researcher 197935


Bergerac.

Post 2

manda1111

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if Researcher 197935 would go back to there own page and then click on the "EDIT PAGE" button and then write a little something about your self then a ACE can come and welcome you there properly
Sorry for interrupting your conversation smiley - ok

Manda smiley - magic



Bergerac.

Post 3

Researcher 191733

Knowing a few people in the know, it sems that the Bergerac series is still a good marketable income, and that is probally a reason by no videos and DVD have appeared


Bergerac.

Post 4

manda1111

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if
Researcher "191733"
would go back to there own page and then click on the "EDIT PAGE" button and then write a little something about your self then a ACE can come and welcome you there properly
Sorry for interrupting your conversation smiley - ok

Manda smiley - magic



Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more