A Conversation for Hives - the Causes, Symptoms and Treatments

Urticaria

Post 1

George

Thank you.

Approximately 5 weeks ago I developed small red weals, which my Internist called Urticaria, over most of my body (with the exception of hands and feet). He prescribed Fexofinadine and had me take 2 Benadryl tablets at bedtime to control the itching and to help with sleep. After 2+ weeks there was no relief.

I then saw a dermatologist who prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment USP to be applied to the affected areas twice daily. Alternating with this, I was instructed to apply Eucerin Moisturizing Creme twice daily as well, and to use Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Soap. I was also given a prescription for Hydroxyz HCL 25mg tablets to take an hour before bedtime to soothe nerve endings and help with sleep.

After 6-7 days the small weals had begun to fade somewhat, but then much larger weals began to appear with pustules. After 12 days, they continue to appear all over my body.

Any help or suggestions you can provide will be deeply appreciated.

Thank You,
George


Urticaria

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Hello George,

It appears most of the authors of this Entry haven't posted for sometime. It might be best if you place your question in <./>Askh2g2</.>, or chat with your GP, or Pharmacist.

In the meantime I have left you a message in your Personal Space, hopefully this will help you find your way around our site smiley - ok

lil xx


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hives - the Causes, Symptoms and Treatments

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more