A Conversation for 'Please Please Me' - the Album

Please Please Me

Post 1

flyingtwinkle

It was recorded on two track recorder at Abbey road Studios in mono and never released as stereos except on vinyl


Please Please Me

Post 2

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Er.. vinyl was the only recording medium it *was* released on in the 1960s, so I don't understand your point there. It was released in both mono and stereo - 22 March 1963 was its mono release, and 26 April 1963 was its stereo release.


Please Please Me

Post 3

flyingtwinkle

Love me do/p s i love you and please please me/ask me why Beatles had released only these two singles, the first was released on October5 , 1962 and the second was released in 1963, Jan 11. In the U.K. America saw only one Beatles single Please Please Me 1963, feb 25 and before that these two Please and Why were not included in the original American release.


Please Please Me

Post 4

Alfredo

The album was released in april 1963 by parlophone.

"I remember my father saying at the dinnertables to all his children;"Over a few months no one will ever remember the Beatles".

Beatlemania was like a big invasion, complete hype with beatles as a cultgroup.

Their music however, is very dear to me. My love affair started ofcourse when théy started, but when I look at the selection I have burned, the first song is from "A Hard Day's Night" (their third album, released in July 1964)

Their first two albums were full of coversongs.

But one can taste the energy and love for life itself already at their very beginning.


Greetings from Amsterdam




Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more