Discussions Related to the Lifetime Ban of Researcher AWOL

4 Conversations

This page has been created in accordance with the Transgressions Procedure for Lifetime Bans.

Researcher AWOL has been banned from h2g2 for life. This is due to the amount of offensive content posted (and since removed) to h2g2 since April:

AWOL
U218110
U220709
U225499
U232186
U237969
U240552
U244265
U244630
U244803
U247311

We chose a lifetime ban because 36 (and rising) postings made by the above accounts were failed or edited; the majority for offensive content, but also for spamming, impersonating a Moderator and repeatedly opening new accounts while this ban was pending. His Personal Space has been failed six times for offensive content. He has also had his nickname reset four times as it was offensive. The Researcher was repeatedly informed by email that he/she was breaking the Terms and Conditions that he agreed to when he registered, but continued to post material in breach of the House Rules.

Action taken by the Editors:

  • 23/6 - Official warning sent due to the amount of times we had to reset his nickname.

  • 27/6 - Pre-moderation lifted as Researcher AWOL apologised and assured us he would not breach the House Rules again.

  • 11/7 - An Official warning and put back on pre-moderation due to the amount of offensive content he was posting. We were alerted to this by members of the Community.

  • 11/7 - Suspended for one week because he replied to the pre-moderation email in an abusive manner.

  • 23/7 - Suspension lifted. His account was left on reactive moderation status.

  • 7/8 - Pre-moderation reinstated due to offensive content still being posted.

  • 12/8 - One month suspension because content is still being failed on h2g2.

  • 15/9 - Editors investigate AWOL's account to see if suspension can be lifted. We discover that he has been using his alternative accounts, and has continued to post material that has been failed.

  • 16/9 - Ban extended for one week while Transgressions Procedure is run. He continues to sign up for new accounts and post offensive content.

Representations by and on behalf of Researcher AWOL were considered at the time of the ban, but the Editors' decision is final. Further correspondence on this subject will not be entered into by the Editors. If you wish to discuss the ban or events surrounding it, we'd appreciate it if you did it here, as Conversations are much easier to follow if they occur in one place. Thank you.

The h2g2 Editors


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1285210

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more