A Conversation for Public Toilets

Women and toilets

Post 1

Cheerful Dragon

Looking through these conversations, I seem to be the only woman with anything to say on the subject. AND some of my contributions are in the section in urinals. What I want to know is, are the rest of you females out there too coy or too sensible to have anything to say on the subject? Or has working in a male-dominated environment all my working life somehow corrupted me?


Women and toilets

Post 2

bandy legs

Ah, but here you can be both or neither smiley - smiley
I thought that the subject of women and toilets was a fairly straight forward one? Actually come to think of it there is the subject of women urinating standing up. I know several women who would be willing to give it a try. It could bring about an end to the graceful environment in womens' loos though and the introduction of urinals. So perhaps it's not such a good idea and best left as a mystery.


Women and toilets

Post 3

Drool Frood the Second

What makes me me mad about public toilets in pubs is that there are
load of cubicals in the mens and us ladies have to normally make do with one toilet.Hence queueing becomes second nature.


Women and toilets

Post 4

Cheerful Dragon

This is not just a pub problem. All shopping malls / precincts / town centre public conveniences built before the 1990s (and some built afterwards) seem to have been built on the principle that they are used by the same number of men as women, and hence both require the same amount of toilet facilities. In the vast majority of cases the provision is inadequate, so women have to queue for ages. Logic ought to tell the planners that more women than men shop, and hence more toilet facilities are required for women.

The only place where I have never had to queue to use a loo is the Merry Hill shopping centre near Dudley, West Midlands.


Women and toilets

Post 5

Drool Frood the Second

It just goes to prove it is a mans world!!!!!!
What we need are more Lady Town planners!


Women and toilets

Post 6

Researcher Horay II

Go to my page for a great pic of women and toilets.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more