A Conversation for Campanology - the Art of Bell Ringing

University Bellringing

Post 1

phantomOpera87

University bellringing societies are a great way to meet new people, increase your social life, learn new things such as starting bellringing from scratch to learning spliced surprise!

A list of university societies can be found here: http://www.cccbr.org.uk/uniringing/


An example of these societies is The University Of London Society Of Change Ringers - ULSCR (http://www.ulscr.org.uk/).

ULSCR was founded just after the end of WWII with the objectives being the promotion of the art & science of change ringing in the University of London (UL) & ringing for church services.

We are open to all present and past students within London area. Students can become part of a large, fun, welcoming social network. Less experienced bellringers can benefit from amazing, friendly teaching.

The Univerisity Of London Society Of Change Ringers have an active social calender including both bellringing events (such: as ringing tours, handbells, tower bell ringing, service ringing, striking competitions) and non-ringing events (such as: parties, picnics, barn dances, pancakes, treasure hunts, concert trips...other wacky events!)


ULSCR ringing is based at St Olave's Church, Hart Street in the City of London (near Tower Hill Tube - District & Circle Lines).

Practices: Thurs eve 1900-2030 (term time)
Service ringing: 1030-1100 (1st/3rd Sundays).

COME AND GIVE IT A GO! http://www.ulscr.org.uk/


University Bellringing

Post 2

Vip

Thanks for coming down and taking the time to log into h2g2!

I hope you stick around for the rest of the site, not just this article. I'm sure there are things that you could contribute to the Guide, not least an article on ULSCR, St Olave's Church or of one of the many facets of ringing not covered in this entry.

I look forward to seeing you around.

smiley - fairy


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more