A Conversation for Poetry Events and Gigs in Glasgow

Poetry Events etc in Glasgow

Post 1

Jim Craig

Just about the only way to keep up wih the fast-changing scene in the city is to keep a check via the links on my User Page (32028) if there is anything you'd like included let me know in plenty of time as there is a longish queue to get updates processed.

Jim Craig


Poetry Events etc in Glasgow

Post 2

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Hmm, while I don't have any problems with people extolling the pleasures of poetry, I question h2g2 being used as a listings magazine. Surely the original concept of the Guide was to be a definitive repository of scurrilous reference material? Gig lists should be elsewhere. (Discuss, 30 marks.)


Poetry Events etc in Glasgow

Post 3

Jim Craig

You should hear some of the scurrilous poetry on offer. Guaranteed
to raise the hackles on yer granny's neck and to stupefy the establishment-oriented Burns Supper Brigade!

Jim Craig


Poetry Events etc in Glasgow

Post 4

seanheretic

i hosted a popular poetry/general open mike night at the borders in los angeles, ca and the dumped it as it theatened the existing power structure in the store. it was a frigging book store not the pentagon and los angeles isn't know for it's literati. we did mangage a rather eclectic group of people and i read my stuff which is all i wanted to do in the first not start some sort of byzantine bullshit. sorry, but its been three years and i am still pissed off.

sh "the intruder"


Poetry Events etc in Glasgow

Post 5

geezereddiedevlin

my granny disny have hackles or did you mean shackles. Hi Jim, it is eye, Eddie Devlin of who he fame. How are you and yours, sorry I did not have time to talk much at Hughies last gig, but neds must. talk to you.
I would like to attend one of your doos, but do not as yet have my vet. qualifications. cheers.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more