A Conversation for Multiple Sclerosis

MY 1ST ARTICLE

Post 1

pedboy

I do not know how to feel, alot of time and work into a small article.
smiley - zen
smiley - towel


MY 1ST ARTICLE

Post 2

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

the length of an article does not reflect the time and effort put into it.
All entries require such precise checking and facts cross referenced from many sources, so to actually complete the final product is something to be proud of. I followed this one through peer review (i lurk alot!) as i have a friend with MS so was pleased it made it to the front page, and has helped me understand a bit more about the disease without having to wade through pages of technical stuff on the net.

Well done and enjoy it! smiley - ok

Mort


MY 1ST ARTICLE

Post 3

pedboy

Thank You Mort, as you can probably tell, I have MS and this article comes from my experiences and the lack of "real world speak" about the sickness.
Many of my friends , who well intentenioned. Have no idea what they are talking about when they try to tell me something about "Aunt Mary" who has MS. So I am glad that my article has helped you, that is its intention.
smiley - zen
smiley - towel
pedboy U200417


MY 1ST ARTICLE

Post 4

compo

Enjoyed the article and found it informative.Although I've worked as a nurse in the past (I last practised 13 years ago)and have worked with the disabled as well,I never got round to finding out the full causes of the condition,but i was aware that the nerves myelin sheaths were progressively destroyed.

With one MS sufferer I knew in North Devon in the 1990's,he had a fairly optimistic outlook on things. got to know him when I did voluntary work for the Leonard Cheshire Foundation in South Molton and Fred (not his real name) was invariably one of the first people at the centre on a Thursday, having driven there in his specially adapted car.Always had a smile on his face and a good word for everyone.He liked to get on the centres exercise bike on each visit and used to stand up regularly to counteract any stiffness.Haven't heard from him for a long time,so don't know how he is now,unfortunately.

Hope your next article,if there's going to be one,is as informative.


MY 1ST ARTICLE

Post 5

Crickett

I thought it was really excellent. And it was also a prodigious effort - it must be tough to write about something that is so close to you, regardless of how necessary you think it is.

I tell you, the standard of the work on these pages is scaring me silly as a newbie. I am not sure if I can keep up with it!!



MY 1ST ARTICLE

Post 6

pedboy

Thank you all for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated. Yes Cricket, it was kinda tuff. Also something that I needed to do for myself, to get past the silly stage of denial and finally reach acceptance. I ain't gettin better.
smiley - zen
smiley - towel
pedboy U200417


MY 1ST ARTICLE

Post 7

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Thanks for writing this Pedboy and an extra big smiley - smooch for adding it on the De Myelin Nation A889194 page smiley - hug
Very nice job. Greatly appreciated by unspoken numberssmiley - ok
Not everyone who reads is a registered poster,so remember you will help more people than you can realise.

I am happy to hear it was a helpful process for you alsosmiley - magic
smiley - disco


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more