This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Row, row row your boat

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

My neighborhood is bordered by the Charles River. I hadn't been out on the river before, but today a friend invited me along when he took two neighborhood women out in his rowboat.

It's been a dry summer, so the river is a bit low now. We had to steer carefully around underwater rocks that wouldn't have been an issue had the river been higher. The women had bags of birdseed and bread, which they threw overboard to the fish or to one persistent duck that followed the boat wherever it went.

This duck was fussy. It paid no attention to the bread, but ate the birdseed right up.

There was a lot of slimy green stuff floating on the river's surface. As the boat went upstream, this stuff collected against the prow, and we had to turn about to dislodge it.

Row, row row your boat

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I recently read that while ducks and other birds seem to love bread it is not good for them. Obviously your duck read the same article

smiley - pirate

Row, row row your boat

Post 3

Well, that was one isolated duck. It got lots of exercise following the boat. The rest of the flock stayed near the spot where the boat had been docked. I don't even keep bread on hand smiley - yuk.

Row, row row your boat

Post 4

ITIWBS

Crawdads like old fashioned rolled oats.

Row, row row your boat

Post 5

You can call me TC

Seeings as you always provide a song to accompany threads, here's one for this thread:

http://youtu.be/pOVC0-gIFck

Row, row row your boat

Post 6

Nice song! smiley - ok

Some of those early shots look like my river. smiley - blush

Row, row row your boat

Post 7

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Here's another one. "Boat on the Charles" by the very talented multi-instrumented musician Todd Rundgren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0rWcwFSW2M

smiley - pirate

Row, row row your boat

Post 8

smiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more