This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 41

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 42

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Today's film tip, just for Solnushka: A87862981 - The Twelve Chairs.

Check out the Russian Dancing Men. smiley - winkeye

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 43

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 44

Today's film tip: A87862990 - Sherlock!

How many ways are there to play this famous character? You might see some favourites, and some you didn't know about.

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 45

[Amy P]

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 46

Today's film tip: A87863043 - Bernie Sanders, Filmmaker and Performer

Yes, it's topical. Yes, it's political. And yes, he's unusual. I think you'll get a kick out of him.

And Brits: why didn't you vote for his brother?

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 47

[Amy P]

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 48

My sympathy with everyone over there in the face of terrorist attacks. smiley - peacedove I know it's scary, we've been there. Do what you have to, be safe, and carry on - don't let them change you. It's a cliche in this country to say that then 'they' win, but it's also true. May you be moved by the courage that inspired the Wipers Times.

http://torontopubliclibrary.typepad.com/arts_culture/2014/07/the-funny-business-of-war-the-trench-newspaper-the-wipers-times.html

'For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.' 2 Timothy 1:7.

Today's film tip: A87863089 - The Joy of Subtitles

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 49

KB

I don't think God gifted me with a sound mind, I'm afraid.

Or maybe it was sound when I got it and I buggered it up myself. smiley - erm

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 50

A friend once described me as 'a half bubble off plumb' myself. smiley - winkeye

I think 'sound' is relative, in a mad world.

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 51

[Amy P]

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 52

A87863098 - Freebie Film Tip #15: What Art Can Do (Sunday in the Park)

We'll always have Paris, thanks to Georges Seurat.

smiley - dragon

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 53

This one sounds great, too! And not just because I like Mandy Patankin and love Bernadette Peters. Probably can't sneak it past Tom, though, unless he doesn't realize Sondheim = musicalsmiley - winkeye Sort of like how I got him to watch Fiddler on the Roof and The King and I, though he's wise to Rodgers and Hammerstein now ('tisn't exactly his favorite genre, though he loved Phantom of the Opera and les Miserables--then again, he saw both of them live (I didn't get to see Phantom, but I loved les Mis).

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 54

smiley - rofl Whatever it takes. But this is a musical for people who don't necessarily like musicals, say I...

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 55

Today's Film Tip: A87863142 - Weltraumschiff 1 Startet

It's German. It's scientific. It's science fiction. And yes, there are Nazis in space...you'll like it, trust me. smiley - rocket

Long before 'Iron Sky'...

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 56

[Amy P]

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 57

Today's Film Tip: A87863304 - What Shape Is Your Planet?

Flat, round, or disc? Anyway you look at it, you'll find something to watch here.

smiley - dragon

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 58

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Re post 55:

Did you notice they said Kilimanjaro is in Deutsch Ostafrika, Dmitri?

My sister worked in Dar Es Salaam for some years where she learned this nice little ditty which ends with the lines:

"Ja, und die Neger in Ostafrika
Die schrien alle zugleich:
“Wir wollen deutsche Neger sein
Auch wir wollen heim ins Reich!"

http://cazoo.org/folksongs/EsSassenDieAltenGermanen.htm

smiley - pirate

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 59

smiley - snork That...that is awful on so many levels...

NaJoPoMo Coming Up

Post 60

[Amy P]

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more