The h2g2 Post 01.03.21

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 1st March 2021

Thoughts Take Flight

Snowy Field, by Superfrenchie.

It's still snowing in a lot of places. Except France, of course, because they're magic, and South Africa, because one, it's summer, and two, it hardly ever snows there, anyway. As I write this, I look out the window at the falling snow. The hourly weather forecast runs thus:

'Snow. Snow. Snow showers. Intermittent snow. Light snow. Snow flurries. Scattered snow.'

As Superfrenchie says, it's my fault for being located in the frozen north.

Spring, we long for you. In the meantime, let's have fun in this issue by finding every crazy thing in the world to photograph, talk about, and puzzle over. You're going to enjoy this.

Here are some of the highlights:
    A hero medal? by FWR
  • Birds, birds, birds. Birds flying. Birds in trees. Birds in montages. Bird impersonators. Enjoy.
  • A new Create theme. It's about heroism. Freewayriding starts us off with some thoughts on the subject. Please send in your contributions. Meanwhile, Paulh has some memories to share.
  • Armchair time travellers rejoice! We have wonderful reports from the past. 'Wonderful', of course, in the original sense of the word: you'll be amazed, and wonder how in the world any of this ever happened.
  • Really, really strange things. A mysterious message in the snow. Ice used as a Rorschach test. Puzzling trees and boats in weird places and some unusual but tasty-looking food.
  • Humour and ongoing stories. Cinema to suit the mood. Me ranting on about something, which the readers will then completely ignore in favour of whatever random thoughts they choose to put down (I suspect automatic writing is taking place here).


We'll be back next week with more Stuff. (Send more Stuff!) Keep warm, stay safe, and remember: your living room set may come from Ikea, but you can furnish your head in any style you choose.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: OK, just a bit of advice from an Alaskan to those who aren't used to seeing icicles...

1. Don't stand under them

2. Ddo NOT lick them. they are made of water dripping off your roof. Your roof is covered in dirt and bird poop.


Joann @JLaGrits, Twitter

Create March 2021 by Freewayriding
March 2021 Create Challenge:
Heroic Humans


Video Extra: Winter Mysteries


BIRD REPORT
Formation Flying

Geese in Formation by SashaQ


THOUGHT EXPERIMENTS

HISTORICAL

Woodsy Adventures

In the Woods by Kitkat.

HYSTERICAL



Yummy Food of the Week:
Chutney

Chutney by Solnushka.

NOTES
STORIES


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88012901

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more