Create March 2021 Challenge: Heroic Humans

1 Conversation

Create March 2021 Challenge: Heroic Humans

Create Challenge March 2021 by Freewayriding

Do you have heroes? People whose lives you admire and want to emulate? What makes them special to you?

Most importantly, what is your definition of a hero? Does the heroic path lead to success in the world? Could a hero be someone the rest of the planet considers a failure? Are athletes heroes to you? Are military leaders, or scientific pioneers, or famous entertainers?

What about people who are admired and held up as heroes in their lifetimes? What happens when their admirers discover that they also have weaknesses? How did that discovery change the public conversation?

Tell us about heroic humans.

  • Write a short biography of a human you consider heroic. Explain what they did. Explain why it was heroic. Tell what difference it made to the rest of humanity.
  • Find a group of heroic humans. Tell what they did, or do.
  • Tell about a heroic human you have known personally. Either preserve their privacy, or ask their permission, please.
  • Write about a person who was a hero to many, but who lost the admiration of the crowd when flaws came to light.

The Edited Guide is full of heroic and inspirational stories. Consider adding your favourites to the list.

Create Challenge Archive

Create Team


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A88015278

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more